Habitat-funded Portfolio Overview
- Habitat Services funds and monitors 45 boarding home sites and 31 self-contained apartment units across the City of Toronto.
- Our current capacity is 1001 tenants.
- Houses/buildings range in size from 8 to 52 tenants.
- There are five female only homes and two homes that serve the East and South Asian population.
- A few homes offer higher support and/or programs for addictions and managed alcohol.
- Most boarding homes are staffed 24 hours a day. House staff are hired by the home owner/operator to cook, clean and generally oversee the smooth running of the homes.
- Homes are operated by private landlords as well as some non-profit organizations.
- All homes are close to essential services such as the TTC, shops, parks and places of worship.
- A few Habitat-funded boarding homes are wheelchair accessible.
- Over half of the rooms in the Habitat portfolio are single bedrooms; the rest are shared by two tenants.